Laura Phrase In unison group

My initial inspirations started from watching Mark Morris dance group in anger dance - Anger Dance - Mark Morris Dance Group - YouTube
While i was watching the clip I was looking at the way in which they used the camera and editing the angles etc. Noticing that they used close up angles of the body , to a specific body part for example a hand or foot , head and more. From that point that idea was in my head as it was something different that we haven't worked on  As before this we'd constantly be working in a full body angle/movement but never zoomed in to see just how effective one part of the body could be . Therefore my plan was to pick a movement from each persons unison phrase and zoom into that part of the body  e.g. (Bella flicks her leg , so then I zoomed into the lower part of the leg so you could only see that phrase through that angle not the full body. As far as getting the footage . I then decided to think into presentations and editing . looked into Edward Muybridge who was and English photographer important for his pioneering work in photographic studies of motion 
I was most intrigued by his layout of these images .
show an example of the split screens I was inspired to use to show the close up footage.






Comments

Popular Posts