zero degrees / Akram Khan & Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui - trailer

 The link to the clip -zero degrees / Akram Khan & Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui - trailer - YouTube

After watching this clip it's clear to me that I love Akran Khan's work he tries and fuses many forms and always does them successfully to leave me wanting to watch more. 

What I love about this clip was up until 2.41 both Larbi and Khan were in complete synchronisation in speech and in the gestural movement they were performing. It sort of reminded me of comical sketches when they are trying to tell a story badly however the execution was so precise and accurate it was funny it was great.

Once the movement begins you get to see a full look at set and costume which all seem very dull in my opinion , however I think its some to show rawness and naturalness within it . Another key point i noticed about this trailer is that it's not until about 30 secs before the end is the first time we see both dancers not in close proximity to each other as they are doing step drags from either side of the stage.

Comments

Popular Posts